What is a neck lift?
A neck lift is a comprehensive neck rejuvenation procedure that aims to restore the neck to its most elegant, youthful contours. This is done by creating:
- A clearly defined jawline separating the face from the neck
- A right angle between the chin and the neck (side view)
- A V-shaped lower face from chin to jaw (front view)
- Smooth, lean neck skin without wrinkles or visible irregularities
The specific surgical methods used for each neck lift procedure depends on the needs of the individual, which we discuss in more detail below.
The goal of a neck lift is to correct whatever about your neck appearance is bothering you, to establish a clearly visible and youthful separation of neck from face, and to improve neck appearance by:
- Removing excess fat and skin
- Tighten neck skin and underlying muscles
- Restore youthful jawline contours
- Smooth neck skin without creases, irregularities, bands, or wrinkles
- Stabilizing the above neck features for a permanently youthful neck