People who set weight loss goals usually do so to feel healthy and look great. And after reaching those goals, nothing is more satisfying than slipping into a new outfit (or going bare) and loving what you see. If you’ve lost a significant amount of weight, excess skin left behind may wrinkle or sag, detracting from the beautiful you beneath, undermining your self-confidence. The great news is that you can tighten loose skin with a body lift (dermo-lipectomy) to smooth the skin over your body contours so you feel just as great out of your new clothes as you do in them.
What is a Skin Tightening and/or Body Lift?
Body lift is a customized combination of body contouring procedures to remove excess skin and reshape tissue for a more pleasing appearance. While many people have loose saggy skin after weight loss, not everyone has it in the same places. A body lift is typically done in the abdominal area, around the buttocks, or around the thighs. At Feel Beautiful Aesthetic Wellness and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Laverson individualizes your treatment plan to include lift procedures almost anywhere you have excess skin. To get an idea of the types of procedures you may want to include in your body lift, consider some of the best plastic surgery options after weight loss.
Here Are Best Plastic Surgery Options After Weight Loss:
- Buttock Lift: Tightens loose or sagging skin of the buttocks for a more pleasing appearance. Can be combined with fat grafting or implants for improved buttock shape and projection.
- Thigh Lift: Reshapes the inner thigh by reducing fat and excess skin for smooth, trim thighs.
- Tummy Tuck: Removes extra loose skin and tightens connective tissues for a flatter, more toned abdominal profile.
- Lower Body Lift: Any combination of buttock lift, thigh lift, tummy tuck, and lifting of the pubic region.
- Breast Lift: Lifts and reshapes by removing excess skin and repositioning the nipple to raise the breast and provide a more youthful, perky profile. Can be combined with implants for added volume and lasting fullness.
- Arm Lift: Removes extra sagging skin from the underside of the arm between the armpit and the elbow for a more thin and trim contour.
- Face Lift: Raises sagging tissue in the mid and lower face and removes excess skin in the lower face and neck. Can be combined with fat transfer and/or dermal fillers for volume.
Most of the above procedures include both skin and fat removal. The name “dermolipectomy” derives from Greek and Latin DERM = skin, LIPID = fat, and ECTOME = to cut out. The art of every result is from shaping the face, breasts, and body, but also concealing the scar that is a necessarily accompanies skin removal.
Tighten Loose Skin After Weight Loss in San Diego at Feel Beautiful
You’ve accomplished the hard part: Losing extra pounds. You deserve to feel good in the skin you’re in! During your consultation at Feel Beautiful Aesthetic Wellness and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Laverson will examine your areas of concern, consider your aesthetic goals, and propose the best body contouring solutions that work for you.
You’ll confidently show your most beautiful body shape—in or out of clothing. Call 858-295-4001 to schedule your free consultation today.