Beauty trends come and go, but if there’s one thing that’s undeniably timeless, it’s the hourglass figure. If you weren’t born with the prerequisite curves, the Brazilian Butt Lift may be just what you need. A Brazilian Butt Lift (or BBL) is a popular approach to buttock augmentation that involves transferring fat from one part of your body to another. By removing unwanted fat cells from areas such as your belly, hips, flanks, or thighs, and strategically transferring them to your buttocks, the surgeon is able to lower your waist-to-hip ratio, enlarge your booty, and create voluptuous and natural-looking contours.
BBL Procedure Overview
BBL is a multi-step procedure that can take up to four hours or more. Dr. Laverson prioritizes surgical precision and perfection in order to ensure that every patient receives his full and complete attention for as long as needed to achieve the desired results. Every Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is performed according to the preferences and unique needs of the patient. During the consultation, Dr. Laverson takes ample time to discuss size and shape preferences, fat removal locations, and other considerations particular to each case. In general, however, the steps involved in a BBL include:
- Surgical marking on your body. This is done before you are anesthetized so you can see and confirm exactly where Dr. Laverson will remove the fat and transfer it to your buttocks for curvier, sexier contours.
- Anesthesia to keep you safe and comfortable during the surgery.
- Fat harvesting by way of liposuction. The fat is suctioned into a specialized sterile container.
- Fat purification. The fat is purified and prepared for re-injection into your body.
- Fat transfer. Dr. Laverson transfers the fat at strategic locations in your bottom to create the most feminine and natural-looking curves. Although there are some general standards for injection locations, Dr. Laverson goes beyond the standard and takes an artistic approach to allow for the individual nuances of each woman’s body.
Women are not cookie cutter, and Dr. Laverson understands that in order to achieve the sexiest and most natural-looking results, their BBL shouldn’t be either.
How long do BBL results last?
The Brazilian Butt Lift appears to offer permanent results:
- Liposuction permanently removes fat cells.
This means that when Dr. Laverson removes the fat cells from your belly or flanks, they are gone from that area. However, liposuction cannot keep new fat cells from growing in that area, so if you gain weight, you may grow new fat cells in that location.
- Fat transfer is permanent (but not all fat will survive the transfer process).
In most cases, the body will reabsorb and metabolize some of the fat cells that have been reinjected during the fat transfer procedure. Those fat cells that survive will develop their own blood vessels and will remain permanently as long as the patient maintains the same general weight.
By maintaining a healthy weight and adhering to pre- and post-operative instructions, your BBL result are for life. Aging changes body features, and the buttocks are no exception. In general, the younger you are at the time of your BBL, the longer lasting your result.
If you’re planning to gain or lose a significant amount of weight, it’s best to postpone your Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery until after you’re at a comfortable weight. But weight is not the only thing to be aware of when it comes to keeping your bottom round and shapely for as long as possible.
How to maximize the longevity of your BBL results
Like fitness in general, BBL results over time depend on lifestyle. Significant weight gain or weight loss can change the shape or increase or decrease the size of the booty. In addition to maintaining a healthy weight, there are other factors that can affect the longevity of your BBL results. They include:
- Follow all pre- and post-operative instructions
- Eat nutritious foods
- Exercise daily
- Avoid smoking
- Invest in a sit stand desk
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Follow up with your surgeon periodically
Your BBL can last over a decade, or it can last just a few months if your weight suddenly fluctuates or you disregard your surgeon’s instructions. When you visit Dr. Laverson for your BBL consultation, he’ll provide you with a clear set of pre- and post-operative instructions as well as lifestyle recommendations for keeping your big beautiful bottom looking plump and enticing for years to come.
Best Brazilian Butt Lift in San Diego | Dr. Steven Laverson
When it comes to getting the best BBL results, skill and experience matter. Dr. Laverson is one of the best plastic surgeons in all of Southern California. He has a keen eye for aesthetics and decades of experience in body-contouring procedures. Dr. Laverson’s surgical skill combined with his distinct passion for helping patients feel confident about their bodies makes him the perfect choice for your BBL procedure. To find out more about BBL Brazilian Butt Lift or other plastic surgery services, call Feel Beautiful at (858) 295-4001 CONTACT US to schedule your in-office consultation today.