If Your Body Weight is Limiting You, Fix That First
Our Ten to One Decision is not just a diet, but returns your body’s metabolism toward its preferred state of functioning. Consider these FACTS:
- Our bodies evolved BEFORE agriculture produced carbohydrates in abundance, and before carbohydrates became the dominant dietary energy source.
- Carbohydrates are not stored in the body, they’re an immediate energy source. When you’ve eaten more carbs than you need, they’re stored as fat. When the carbs are stored away or used immediately as energy, YOU’RE HUNGRY AGAIN, and go back for more, despite having plenty of energy stored away as fat. Clearly, agricultural carbohydrates are inconsistent with the way our bodies were designed to obtain, store, and use energy.
- When your body burns (oxidizes) the tens of thousands of fat calories you’ve stored away as extra weight, you lose that weight. The way toward weight loss is to burn the stored gas (fat) in your tank, and NOT to keep filling up with additional fuel (carbohydrates).
- When you eat carbohydrates, your insulin level immediately rises, and this STOPS the burning of fat for energy. The ONLY WAY to burn your extra pounds of existing fat storage is to keep your blood insulin level LOW, by NOT CONSUMING SUGARS OR CARBOHYDRATES.
- It takes three to four weeks of low carbohydrate intake for your body to shift into a state of continually using stored fat as a preferred energy source. Once your body has made this transition in “energy partitioning” toward “keto-adaptation,” you will lose weight consistently toward your goal.
- Dr. Laverson prescribes appetite suppressants to facilitate keto-adaptation and to end the carbohydrate addiction that humans develop over a lifetime of habitual carbohydrate consumption.
- Success depends on YOUR DECISION to achieve your goal weight, and all of the resulting benefits. You must WANT TO LOSE for the program to be successful. If you have made the decision and if you stick to the program, YOU WILL LOSE your extra weight.
- Ten to One is a program of learning and adopting healthier lifestyle habits. Education is the best medication. You will learn how to shop for food, how to order at restaurants, and what to eat and what not to eat in every situation. You’ll avoid eating the wrong foods at social and professional events, and will understand and overcome past weaknesses that accumulated your extra weight.
- The foundation of Ten to One (10:1) is on nutrition labels: Ten Calories per One Gram of Protein. If a food item contains a 10:1 ratio or less (5:1, 6:1, 7:1, 8:1, and 9:1 OK) of calories to grams of protein, it’s OK, whatever else is on the label. There are two exceptions to the ratio. The first is green vegetables. The ratio for green vegetables doesn’t matter. You can eat all you want of lettuce, celery, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, cucumber, and other greens. The second exception is very low calorie foods with zero protein. These are also OK, and include hot sauce, many mustards, balsamic vinegar, seasonings, diet soda, other diet foods sweetened with erythritol, stevia, or other low calorie sweeteners.